Monday, March 26, 2018

Biohazard Outbreak Response Blade, Short

I've made a number of bush swords down through the years inspired by a certain blade in a zombie-killing video game.  They typically are around 15" blades.  Here's the first of this basic style to be made, back in 2015:
 
 
I recently made a shorter blade that is essentially the Biohazard Outbreak Response Blade scaled down to a 9 3/4" blade.  I really dig it!
 
This was the fastest knife to sell that I've done.  I had forged and trimmed to the rough shape, posted a picture on Instagram, and it was laid claim to within three minutes!  :D
 
Here's the initial picture:
 

It was finished out with a thick false edge, aggressifying the aesthetics but not coming close to a cutting edge.  The customer wanted a hemp cord wrap, and I topped it off with a three-strand Turk's head knot in paracord.
 

 
The sheath has my first-ever molded drainage hole at the tip, again per the customer's request.

 
 
Feels great in the hand!
 

 
In comparison with a tanto with an 8 7/8" blade.  Similar lengths, totally different knives!
 

The customer's response upon getting it was, "What is this damn monstrosity!"  In a good way.    :D

No comments:

Post a Comment