Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Diplomatic blades and a couple of choppers

I had an interesting opportunity pop up recently when I was contacted about making a couple of knives to be used as diplomatic gifts between the US Army and a couple of generals in the Mexican Army.  I didn't have a whole lot of time to work with, but I happened to have some prototype mid-tech Benghazi Warfighter and Little Rok blades already ground, heat treated, and powdercoated, so I agreed. 
 
3/16" 80CrV2 steel, TeroTuf handles, and flared stainless steel tube handle rivets.
 


When I was given the names and ranks to be laser engraved in the blades, I was surprised to find that the knives were gifts for the Mexican Secretary of Defense and his Chief of Staff!   :o


 
It was an honor to be chosen for the task.  :)

And, on an entirely different tack, a couple of choppers finished up recently.  Forged 80Crv2, paracord over neoprene, marine epoxy, the usual.

13 1/2" blade, black and gold.  Customer commented, "Love my knife."


 
14 1/4" blade, tan and black.  This customer, a fellow knife maker, commented, "Dude!  This thing is perfect.  I love it!"



Always glad to have happy customers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment