Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Primal/tactical with leather and paracord

This one was purchased by the brother-in-law of another customer. He wanted something in short order if I could work it in amongst commissions. I had a blade already forged out and heat treated, so I took a picture and sent it to him.


He liked it and said to finish it up and he'd take it. He had an idea that I hadn't thought of for the handle wrap, combining my more primal construction with my more tactical style. Rather than two layers of contrasting paracord, he wanted a slab of leather underneath the paracord overlay. I was game, and I'm happy with the results. I reckon I'll likely wrap some more handles in this fashion.


The steel is 5160, forged from 3/4" round bar and the leather was a dark brown before it and the paracord was impregnated in Minwax Wood Hardener which makes it look black. The blade is around 6 1/2" long and shaves hair. No sheath for this one; he wanted to try his hand at making his own.

1 comment:

  1. Nice way to make your knife beautiful and provide it a non slip grip with Paracord
    Thanks for sharing this information with us.

    ReplyDelete