Sunday, January 2, 2011

Commissioned Christmas Candle Holders

That's alliteration!

My buddy who lives halfway across Texas stayed with me about a week after Christmas and helped me do some work on getting my home-brewed power hammer finalized in order to make some candle holders he had commissioned from me to give as Christmas presents. Here's what we came up with:

A set forged from pipe for his soon-to-be-fiance's brother, sister-in-law, and one-year-old:



Another pipe set for my buddy and his girlfriend:



And a pair for the girlfriend's cousin and wife, forged from approximately 2" round:



I love this texture and will be using it on more projects. To me, it makes the candle holders looks like the Dark Tower of Barad-dur. :)



And being a creative fellow himself, my buddy did not sit still while I was working. He made these ladles with riveted copper handles for his girlfriend:

1 comment: