Monday, July 29, 2013

Mini-Parang

I've been working to get ready for the upcoming Denver Knife Show and the Usual Suspects Gathering, both happening in August, as well as working on commissions.  It's kept me busy.  :)

Here's a mini-parang I'll be taking:




Positioned a little differently in the light:


The steel is my favorite, 5160, that has been triple normalized, triple hardened and triple tempered.  The handle is a curved integral socket wrapped in hemp cord, with three-strand hemp cord Turk's head knots fore and aft.  I tried something new, using West epoxy to impregnate the cord.  I like the results very much and will definitely be using this more. 

The blade is 10 1/4" long, including the choil, and 2 1/2" at its widest.  The spine thickness tapers from approximately 3/16" next to the handle to 1/8" at wide spot..  The overall length is 16 3/8".  It shaves hair nicely.  :)

Here's how it looks in hand...or paw, as the case may be.



1 comment:

  1. Nice little beast of a camp knife you have there! Best of luck at the Denver show! Bill

    ReplyDelete