Sunday, November 15, 2015

Carry rig for test mule camp knife

This is now my knife, so I needed to be able to carry it with me easily when going walkabout.  It's a big blade, and I didn't want to try belt carry with it (yet).  I wanted to be able to take it on and off quickly and easily.  I had in mind when I built the sheath that I'd use some kind of shoulder sling.  This is what I ended up putting together: a variation of the shoulder sling I build for my tomahawks.

I'm a lefty, and I set it up for a cross draw, up fairly high.

From the front:



From the back (against the body):



A closer look at the quick-detach double-adjustable sling.


I did a fair amount of walking around with it today, up hill and down, and found that it was out of my way, didn't flop around, and didn't interfere with my movements.  I didn't do any gymnastics, but basic hiking and moving around it worked quite nicely.


Drawing the blade:


Resheathing:


Plenty of real estate to add pouches for fire/survival kits and paracord should I feel the desire to later on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment