Monday, May 21, 2012

Aggression: Zombie Outbreak Response Blade

This one and its two brothers that are in the works are inspired by, but not copies of, the big knife wielded by Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 5. The knife is forged from 1 1/2" x 1/4" 1084 plain high carbon steel, triple normalized, single quenched in canola oil, and triple tempered. The overall length is 18 3/4", with a blade length of 12 3/8". The clip is fully sharpened and will shave hair. The handle wrap is neon orange paracord for the underlay, black paracord for the overlay, and black for the triple strand Turk's head knot, all impregnated with Minwax Wood Hardener. The sheath is Kydex with two MOLLE locks.



I took a picture of it in hand, but I think even this doesn't really convey just how big this thing looks in real life. I don't name most of my blades, but this one demanded it be called Aggression. And I didn't feel like I should argue with it. :D

2 comments:

  1. Just curious. I've wanted to commission you for a job for a while now. What kind of price range is typical for a knife like shown above? Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with a blade 12" or longer starts at $300. With the fully sharpened clip on this and the sheath, the price will be $400.

    ReplyDelete