Monday, August 22, 2011

Forging a Steel Rose

I commented to a photographer, Sean Stevens, who has just moved in at the complex where my shop is located, that the time that one of my roses is most beautiful is while I am nearing the end of making it, when the flames from the torch go down among the petals and are diffused, coming back up as a second flower of living flame. I said that usually I was the only one who got to see that beauty. He asked if he could shoot the process, and I agreed. I put his beautiful photographs into a slideshow:



It goes really well with Enya's "China Roses". I'd recommend opening this link in a new tab before playing my video: China Roses

And a few of the photos on their own, including my photos of the resulting bouquet of a half dozen steel roses:










































No comments:

Post a Comment